Sport Unites is the Mayor of London’s community sport programme, which was launched in 2018. At the heart of the Mayor’s approach to sport in London is his belief in the power of sport to bring people together and improve their lives.
The new Sport Unites Fund awards grants of up to £50,000 to community sport projects across two strands: ‘New Ideas’ and ‘Tried and Tested’.
New Ideas: Grants of up to £10,000 will be awarded to community sport projects testing new and exciting ideas and/or to groups that haven’t received funding previously and would benefit from investment and support.
Tried and Tested: Grants between £10,000 and £50,000 will be awarded to successful existing initiatives looking to expand their work.
We will support projects using physical activity and sport to address at least one of the following priorities:
- Helping the most inactive people be more active
- Improving people’s mental health and wellbeing
- Decreasing isolation/loneliness
- Strengthening connections in your local area and across communities
- Reducing serious youth violence
Contact 4Grants for further information and support.